Employment Based Services

We can assist with both non-immigrant (temporary) and immigrant (permanent) visas. Often, an individual will enter the United States as a non-immigrant and then decide to work towards immigrant (permanent resident) status. The two cases can often be run on parallel tracks thus allowing for a seamless transition between temporary and permanent residence.

Some examples of typical non-immigrant employment based visas are: E1/E2 (treaty trader/investor), H-1B (professional worker), J-1 (trainee), L-1 (intercompany transferee), and O-1 (person of exceptional ability).

A permanent resident is a foreign national who has been authorized to live and work permanently in the United States. If you want to become a permanent resident based on the fact that you have a permanent employment opportunity in the United States, or if you are an employer that wants to sponsor someone for lawful permanent residency based on permanent employment in the United States, The Margolis Law Firm can assist you with the process.